If these first few days of June are any indication of how the rest of the Summer of JupiterOne is going to go, I'd say we're all in for a treat. After announcing a new partnership with Splunk and our Series C round of funding and $1B+ valuation, we're pumped to keep the momentum going at RSA Conference 2022.
Transform: The buzzword is making a comeback
After being virtual the last two years, we're ready to come together in San Francisco to discuss the latest and greatest in cybersecurity! Even though digital transformation and the move to cloud has been top of mind for quite some time, the team at RSAC made this year's theme "Transform," which begs the question, "Why?"
The pandemic and requirement of remote work accelerated digital transformation projects, escalating cybersecurity concerns across the board. Experts anticipate that businesses will continue to compete on the agility and pace of their digital transformation, even as public health conditions normalize.
At RSAC, security leaders will be looking for innovative solutions to address every aspect of their organization's cloud security, including asset visibility, access management, vulnerability management, attack surface management, and more.
Day One? More like Day Fun.
It's already been an eventful day! As a company, it's exciting to be recognized. It cements our enthusiasm for our product and demonstrates in a tangible way that our strategy is solid and worth keeping an eye on. However, we would be nothing without our employees to push our product forward. That's why we're thrilled to announce that we've received the following industry recognitions at RSAC:
- The Global InfoSec Awards presented JupiterOne with the Most Comprehensive Security Startup of the Year and the Best Solution in SaaS/Cloud Security
- The Global InfoSec Awards also honored our CEO with the Next Gen Chief Executive Officer of the Year
We're also proud to announce the following industry accolades:
- We made it on to the CyberTech 100 list for World's Most Innovative CyberTech Companies for Financial Services
- Our Security Director Jasmine Henry is a finalist for the Cyberjutsu Cyber Mentor Award
- JupiterOne is now a Certified™ Great Place to Work "‡ company! So if you're looking for your next dream job, join our rocketship.
Where to find us at RSAC
We'll be exhibiting in the South Hall of Moscone Center at Booth #325 with a rush of activities throughout the week. Here's where we'll be presenting at RSAC:
Cyber Defense Matrix: Revolutions
- WHEN: Monday, 6/6 from 8:30 a.m. to 9: 20 a.m.
- WHERE: Moscone West 3018
- WHO: Sounil Yu, CISO and Head of Research
- WHAT: The Cyber Defense Matrix (CDM) helps people organize and understand gaps in their overall security program. This session will unveil new use cases including how to map startup vendors and security trends, anticipate gaps, develop program roadmaps, capture metrics, reconcile inventories, improve situational awareness. and create a board-level view of security programs.
How Behavioral Economics Can Help Make Better Security Decisions
- WHEN: Tuesday, 6/7 from 9:40 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- WHERE: Moscone West 3002
- WHO: Kelly Shortridge, Senior Principal Product Technologist, Fastly; Sounil Yu, CISO and Head of Research, JupiterOne
- WHAT: This session will show how behavioral economics can help practitioners understand why users make "bad security decisions" such as sharing devices, choosing poor passwords, and downloading questionable links. By understanding behavioral economics, security teams can help others, and themselves, make better security and risk decisions.
Reinventing Cybersecurity: Tales of Rebellion and Resistance (at DevOps Connect)
- WHEN: Tuesday, 6/7 from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- WHERE: Moscone South 303
- WHO: Jasmine Henry, Security Director, JupiterOne; Tracy Bannon, Senior Principal, The MITRE Corporation; Coleen Shane, Network Security Engineer, Quick Quack Car Wash; Breanne Boland, Product Security Engineer, Gusto
- WHAT: Reinventing Cybersecurity is an anthology of essays by leading women and non-binary security practitioners that explores a central theme of redefinition with diverse expert perspectives on the industry's technical and interpersonal aspects. This author panel will discuss how to operationalize a culture where security is shifted left in meaningful ways and how the industry needs rebels and revolutionaries who are willing to rethink everything.
- WHEN: Tuesday, 6/7 from 2:25 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- WHERE: Moscone South 306
- WHO: Jasmine Henry, Security Director, JupiterOne; Mary Balogun, Security & Compliance Manager at Experian; Keenan Skelly, CEO of Shadowbyte; Mari Galloway, CEO of Cyberjutsu & Architect at Palo Alto Networks
- WHAT: This session will feature interactive roundtables that will explore short talks centered around best cyber books, resources, podcasts, owning the interview, better salary negotiations, high-growth careers, being heard, getting hands-on tech experience, playing to win, and much more.
Cyber Defense Matrix Learning Lab
- WHEN: Thursday, 6/9 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- WHERE: Moscone South 2020
- WHO: Jasmine Henry, Security Director, JupiterOne; Helen Patton, Advisory CISO, Cisco; Sounil Yu, CISO and Head of Research, JupiterOne
- WHAT: This Learning Lab will walk participants step-by-step through several use cases of CDM and how it can help practitioners organize their overall security program.
We're feelin' summertime fine!
You know that feeling after an amazing vacation when you just really want to go back? Well the fun doesn't stop here with us! We're bouncing around some amazing cybersecurity events throughout the summer. See you there!